Thursday, May 4, 2017

When former PhD students visit your lab



This week my former PhD student Rajendhran Rajakumar was visiting the lab to finish some experiments. He is a Postdoctoral Fellow in Martin Cohn's lab at the University of Florida chasing ancestral genetic potentials in sharks and will soon begin his second Postdoc at Harvard University in Nobert Perimon's lab where he will master the art of the fly before coming back to his beloved ants. 


Rajee Rajakumar in Action at the Entomology Conference 2016




Rajee came back to finish some critical experiments for his next big paper. His enthusiasm and positive attitude renergized the lab, and we ate lots of sharwerma and fish and chips, so come back anytime Rajee!

Here is Rajee, master manipulating the ants:



Lets hope those experiments work! I love when my former students come back and I get the chance to see how they have matured and become independent scientists, it makes me feel very very proud, after all their success is my success ... We need more young and aspiring minds in Science. As for Rajee, I have no doubt he will reach for the stars and make it big, and soon I will be visiting his lab to learn new techniques and he will pay for my shawarma and fish and chips. 

Welcome back Rajee!

Ehab Abouheif
04 May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment